Thursday, August 27, 2009

Prisoner of WAR-drobe

I must confess, as much as I love fashion and clothes, most days I have very little sense in styling myself. Different story when I'm shopping and picking out itemes for a friend or styling for the magazine, but my own style - eish! I'm just one of those chicks that finds a "uniform" and sticks to it until I get bored, or in the most recent case, until my boots break - embarrassingly while I'm still shopping at Pavillion.

I am what I like to call "A prisoner of Wardrobe". Like a prisoner in his (or her) bright orange jumpsuit, I am a prisoner in my own clothes and get summoned into wearing the same old style. Yes, I said it! I am one of those loonies that buys the same shirt in about five different colours because it's just too cool. Ok maybe not five, but you get my drift!


My "winter uniform" consisted of my favourite Diesel Jeans worn with my black boots and a top that covered the jeans - because as much as I love these jeans, I hate the pocket styling in front. Plus, a longer top balances out my hips and makes me look leaner - bonus!

After my boots broke (sniff sniff - but I guess that's what happens when you don't buy Louboutin's) I was forced into a new uniform.

Now I'm into tights/ leggings that end about mid calf - I don't like them too long or on my ankles because I end up looking like a golf club! I wear them with my super high, super sexy Aldo concealed platforms that are about 13cm high in black leather. For the top, I like to wear an over sized one that ends past my butt, preferably tapered in slightly at the bottom.

Now to break out of the uniform....

No comments:

Post a Comment