Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The love affair begins...

I can still remember it, my very first glimpse of the fabulous heel that started my love affair for the infamous red-sole shoe. Of course I'm talking about Louboutin's...

I had first seen this pair of shoes in Victoria Beckham's Book "That Extra Half an Inch" - the tag line said "My favourite shoes - Christian Louboutin for Roland Mouret".

These shoes spoke to me - I mean, really, really spoke to me. I searched the internet high and low to find a pair like these - curious to see how long I would have to wait, or just just how much of my soul I'd have to sell for a sole like these.

Before this shoe I had no idea who Christian Louboutin was and it was well before he became a household name in South Africa too!

I was paging through a local fashion magazine a few months ago and spotted "them". Ok, it was not them, but pretty darn close and bonus for me - they were at arms reach - well, almost anyway...

That's them on the right. I went to Aldo and drooled over them for a good couple of weeks before my husband gave me a voucher for my birthday - inside it said "x1 pair Aldo shoes".

The same day I went to Aldo and got them. T-H-E shoe!!! I squeezed my poor over-shopped foot into them and as much as it pained I decided no it's genune leather, they will stretch so I took them home.

They were fabulous, all thirteen centimeters of them. They made my legs look fantastic and gave me incredible height.

Sadly, after wearing them around the house I decided it would be foolish to keep them becuase I would never be able to wear them. The thickness in front of the shoe was just too small for me, so as much as it broke my heart, I had to part with them, but not before trying a bigger size which was still uncomfortable.

Which means, Im' still on the look out for the Louboutin's above... anyone seen them?

No comments:

Post a Comment