Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Obsession - Smoke and Mirrors

My favourite thing about being the editor of StyleScoop and GLOSSY magazine is when the couriers arrive, bearing new cosmetics products for me to try out and shoot for beauty features on the publications.

One of my favourite, new products at the moment is the Smoke and Mirrors eye shadow compact from M.A.C


M.A.C have always made some of the hottest eye shadow shades and their products are long wearing and affordable. Plus they last a really long time and even longer when you apply them using the M.A.C brushes. Yes, any makeup brush would probably do, but if you've used a M.A.C brush before, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. There just is no comparison.

Now, back the compact. How stunning are these colours? Check out my pic below, which I created using this compact.


For this look I used all three shades in the bottom row. I started with the first shade on left and used my M.A.C 224 brush to apply the shade from lash line to brow bone. Then, I applied the darkest shade in the bottom right hand corner on my lids using the M.A.C 239 Eye Shader Brush. And finally I blended it all in using the gorgeous shimmer shade in the middle with my M.A.C 217 Blending Brush

1 comment: